Apartments in Dumbo Brooklyn -guide:
Moving to a new home is always exciting but at the same time exhausting! It´s not easy to find the perfect place to live at affordable prices and with all of the amenities we would like to enjoy. If you are searching for Dumbo apartments for rental or even Dumbo apartments for sale, this guide will surely be of much use for you! So check it out.
Where is Brooklyn located?
Brooklyn is located in King´s County and is the most populous of New York City´s five boroughs. It is adjacent to the borough of Queens at the southern end of Long Island.
Every borough of NYC is a different county and Brooklyn is known as King´s County for tax and other official purposes, so when we talk about King´s County and Brooklyn we are referring to the same thing.
What is Dumbo and what does its name mean?
Dumbo stands for Down Under the Manhattan Bridge Overpass. It´s a neighborhood located in the New York City borough of Brooklyn. We find two different sections in Dumbo, the first one is located in Manhattan and Brooklyn Bridges connecting Brooklyn and Manhattan across the East River.
The second one continues east from the Manhattan Bridge to the Vinegar Hill area, that is, Dumbo belongs to the Brooklyn Community Board 2 (NYC community board which encompasses different Brooklyn neighborhoods)
Which is the average cost for a 1 bedroom apartment in Dumbo?
According to Zillow you can find rentals in Dumbo with one bed, one bath for about $3,500/mo. Apartments at this price are really worth it, as most of them are spacious and newly renovated.
In Nest Seekers, one bedroom apartments in Dumbo approach a $4,000 rental/mo. Prices vary according to size and amenities but they are in that price range.
In Street Easy the average price is more similar to Nest Seekers as we can find one bedroom apartments around $4,000 and even more! Listings show more luxury apartments and that makes the difference.
Which is the average cost for a 1 bedroom apartment for sale?
If you are willing to buy apartments in Dumbo Brooklyn you should take a look at this average prices according to different internet search tools:
At Street Easy we find a one-bedroom apartment for sale for the average price of one million dollars!
On the other hand, Zillow offers similar prices and sales range the price of $1,100,000.
At Trulia, you can find more affordable prices starting from $550,000!
So the clue is to search a lot of different internet sites and spent hours surfing the internet, although it may seem a bit tedious. In the end, you´ll find the apartment of your dreams at the best price! And that is worth it!
Which interesting places you can find in Dumbo, Brooklyn?
There are several places you can visit in Dumbo and have the time of your life!
- Set up a picnic, enjoy the view and go for a walk at the Brooklyn Bridge Park! It´s an awesome place to enjoy nature, breathe fresh air and relax!
2. You can´t miss the Jacques Torres Chocolate! This chocolate emporium will delight you with its exquisite tastes! Grab a cup of hot chocolate on a cold winter´s day!
3. If you are a book lover, then you cannot miss visiting Powerhouse books! This huge bookstore will make you feel like you are in paradise! Choose the book you love most and prepare yourself for an intellectual day!
4. It´s always time for pizza!! Meet Juliana and try the best pizza ever! Juliana´s Pizza will make your lunch and dinners different with an exquisite taste you´ll never forget!
5. Take a look out over the East River while taking a whirl on a wooden horse at Jane´s Carrousel! Built in 1920´s for an amusement park in Ohio, this fantastic entertainment is not just for kids!
I hope you now know a bit more about Dumbo and the interesting things you can visit at this wonderful place! So come on, search for your next apartment and remember at Dumbo you will find everything you need to make your dream come true!